Guest House Fire on Springfield Road
Police and Fire Engines are currently on Scene at a property Blaze on Springfield Road.
19/06/2019 – Written By: WILL RITCHIE, EDITOR
To sponsor an article click here
The Somervile Guest House/Hotel on Springfield road is was attended to by fire crews after a blaze broke out in a first floor bedroom earlier today.
One person is reported to have been taken to hospital By the North West Ambulance Service.
The affected property appears to be on the stretch of road between General Street and Dickson Road. Crews were first seen at around 8:15am.
The road is currently closed to traffic whilst crews deal with the situation.
Quote from the brigade
A spokesperson for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 08:20 four fire engines from Blackpool, South Shore and Bispham attended a three storey terraced property on Springfield Road, Blackpool.
“The fire was in a first floor bedroom and crews used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a positive ventilation fan to extinguish the fire.
“One casualty was taken to hospital by NWAS.”
We will update this story when we get more information. Please use the comments below to add any info you may have.
Are You Local?
If you’re a FY local join us on our Facebook Community Chat Group and help us shape your local news.
If you would like to help us shape local news you can join our BPL Bible Citizen Journalists group on facebook. Click the link below to visit the group. You can add to current discussions – start a topic – share pictures of current events. Its a great way to help us spread the local news to local people for free.
Get an Email when we publish. Its free to join – use the form below.
Please join our mailing list to receive updates when we publish stories or when we have new offers available for our subscribers only.
We wont put up pay walls or charge you to read our content.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]