The UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has held a press conference to update the nation of the government’s latest advice regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. As always, please check the NHS advice regularly.
Here’s what we have learnt today;
- 201,530 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 globally
- 626 new cases bringing the total UK cases to 2,626
- 32 more people have died from COVID-19 bringing the total of deaths to 104 in the UK
- All schools in Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland are to be closed to pupils immediately
- Schools in England to close from Friday until further notice
- Key workers (NHS & emergency) encouraged to still attend work, via school provisions for childcare.
- Exams in May and June will not take place as planned.
- Children should not be left with vulnerable people such as the ill and elderly.
- Glastonbury Festival and Eurovision Song Contest cancelled
- Many TV productions suspended
- Retailers to limit buying of products
- Government to bring forward legislation to protect tenants from non fault evictions.